Q: Are scholarships available?
A: Yes! We offer a limited number of partial tuition scholarships that allow recipients to register for the Summit at a rate of $225. Anyone can apply. These scholarships do not assist with travel or lodging. Applicants will be notified of the outcome in June 2019 in advance of the early bird registration deadline. We also offer full tuition and travel scholarships for consumers / patients who present workshops. There is not a separate application for those scholarships; it only requires checking the appropriate box on the workshop proposal form. *6/17 UPDATE: The deadlines to apply for all types of scholarships have passed.
Q: May I register for a single day at a reduced rate?
A: No. All attendees must register for the full 2-day Summit.
Q: Can I get a refund?
A: We offer refunds if you can’t attend because of a family or medical emergency.
Q: Do presenters receive a complimentary registration fee?
A: Workshop presenters can register at a discounted rate of $325. There is not a discounted registration rate for research poster presenters.
Q: What does my registration fee include?
- Access to 3 plenary sessions;
- Ability to choose from among 24 workshop sessions;
- Entry to the research poster session;
- Entry to the Wednesday evening welcome reception, sponsored by DC’s Children’s Law Center and Whitman-Walker Health;
- Access to networking sessions with other attendees and presenters;
- A discount on your hotel room* (if booking at the Gaylord National Harbor Hotel);
- Breakfast and lunch on Thursday, September 19 and Friday, September 20^;
- Coffee breaks available throughout the day Thursday, September 19 and Friday, September 20;
- Access to the conference mobile app, which contains the agenda and networking features.
*Registration does not cover the cost of a hotel room, so please reserve your room separately.
^Participants are on their own for dinner all days.
Q: Are there limits on how many sessions I can participate in?
A: No. Once you are registered, you are allowed to attend as many sessions as you would like.
Q: How do I register for workshop sessions?
A: It is not necessary to register for workshops. If you register for the Summit, you’ll have the opportunity to choose your sessions on-site.
Q: What is the dress code?
A: The dress code for the conference is business casual. The temperature inside the hotel fluctuates, so we strongly suggest you dress in layers. The temperature in National Harbor, Maryland in late September is typically around 78°F during the day and 61°F at night. Please note that the majority of the conference will be held indoors, but the hotel is located on a beautiful waterfront that participants can take advantage of at night. Please plan accordingly.